In the Legal Aid Department, there are currently 5 Legal Aid Bureaus operating:
- The Northern Bureau (located in the City of Nazareth) - which provides legal services for the Northern Region.
- The Haifa Bureau - which provides legal services for the Haifa Region.
- The Tel Aviv Bureau - which provides legal services for the Tel Aviv and Central Region.
- The Jerusalem Bureau - which provides legal services for the area of Jerusalem and the South (Ashdod and Eilat [sic]).
- The Beersheba Bureau - which provides legal services for Beersheba and the surrounding area, (with the exception of Ashdod and Ashkelon as previously mentioned).
The Bureaus operate under the Legal Aid Law
(HE), 5732-1972 and the Legal Aid Regulations
(HE), 5733-1973 and provide legal advice, guidance, and principally, representation before the Courts and other legal tribunals, by outside lawyers
, who work with the Department in the Courts, the Labor Tribunals and Religious Tribunals, the Execution Offices and also, in special cases, in quasi-judicial committees, such as representation before District Psychiatric Committees when forced hospitalization is ordered.