The Ministry of Justice has a unique organizational structure which is primarily reflected by the large number of professional units and the request to expand the fields in which these units are active in.
On an ongoing level, the Director General of the Ministry, together with the heads of the various units, must ensure that the professional material is being dealt with, that the annual programs are being properly adhered to, that decisions are being implemented, tasks being performed etc.
On the long term level, the Director General of the ministry is responsible for leading the ministry's units towards the multi-year strategic plan including:
- Formulation and implementation of a strategic program for the Justice Ministry which incorporates formulating a vision and policy, operative plans for greater efficiency, development of an improved organizational model etc
- Improvement of the service provided to the public in all the ministry's units regardless of whether they are in direct contact with the public.
- Improvement of the ministry's computer systems, their adaptation to the new generation of technology in order to achieve their maximum utilization.
- Training of the managerial staff of the Justice Ministry which, in the future, will lead the ministry towards the vision being formulated.
- Developing the Ministry's foreign relations with various entities, governmental and NGOs, in Israel and abroad.
Deputy Director General
- Ms. Michal Cohen
- Mr. Amir Haran
- Ms. Adina Rachamim – Office Manager
- Ms. Meirav Barhoum
- Ms. Ortal Amsalem